.cookie-choices-info {position: fixed; top: auto !important; bottom: 0px !important;}

Friday, September 25, 2015

Eid Mubarak! & My Friends #3

Yesterday it was Eid! I had to wake up at 4:00 AM and shower. Always fun. This blogpost will be fun! Finally! Let's all just give out a big sigh of relief. Because man did I go all out talking about the future. Haha.
Well, after we all got dressed up and looked on point we headed to the Embassy of Indonesia which is located here in Oman. But of course, when you and your fam be looking good, your mom asks you to take a family picture. Here is the result.
 
 
Pretty nice, right? The boys be twinning. Anyway of course the embassy is already filled with lots of people and of course I had to trip on a microphone in front of the whole girl/women area of the embassy. The men/boy area was on the first floor while we (the girls) had to go upstairs in a very crowded, but big room. I barely knew ANYONE there but then I see a familiar face, my best of the bestest friend Uni! I was so happy, it's been so long since (we saw each other a lot of times before the summer started) we last saw each other. We've only been chatting through snapchat, that's all. But then I see that she gestures someone from behind her to follow her, a new girl! Yay a new person I can be friends with! The three of us sat down in a triangle formation so we could look at each other's faces.
Uni: SEVENTEEN. SEVENTEEN.
Me: Yes.
Uni: This is Alya, she likes them too. Oh, she likes the same guy you do!
Me: Yaaaaaassss. Wonwoo?
Alya: Wonwoo.
Our conversation was filled with so much laughter and giggling. Can I just say that that was one of the most happiest moments I have ever had while finding a new friend. Uni has always been my best friend, a friend that was totally like me. Since I don't know 2005? Since we were four? It's been so long! But as we grew up, the times we could spend together grew shorter. We are so alike. *inserting old photo of us together and most recent photo*

This was for an event.

 
 
We are friends who grew up together and who will stay together. Why was it one of the most happiest moments for me meeting a new friend and seeing Uni again? Let's focus on Uni first. Uni and I have always liked different things. I was more into the girly and cute style when finding outfits while she was into more grunge and chic. While she was more into the western culture - the 80's and everything western. I was into Korean culture - dramas, clothes, styles. But recently she tried out just watching one video of SEVENTEEN, a group. And she instantly fell in love. I, on the other hand, weren't really into them until Uni persuaded me to watch them. And then I was caught, I was drawn to them. Now, we fangirl over them together. Such a beautiful story.
Now over to Alya. We have never met each other although, Alya and Uni have been friends as long as Uni and I have been friends. She was also a SEVENTEEN fan and we have the same bias, Wonwoo. We could relate to each other so easily! Uni had another bias, Vernon, who she thought was the most handsome. Alya and I be in the corner like, "nahhhh mannnn, Wonwoo is life." Because we bonded over SEVENTEEN, we could understand each other and everything! It felt like we were friends for a long time. We talked about anything and everything. Things like this never happen to me so easily that's why I was so happy. Let me tell you, we have been snapchatting non-stop with each other.
The three of us had the best time together. We were laughing and talking so much that my mom was like "what are you guys talking about?" Which leads me to tell you about a short conversation we had with my mom.
Mom: Uni, how are you?
Uni: Good, tante (how we politely call a mom).
Mom: You're growing so much, you probably have a boyfriend right?
Uni: No...
*Uni and I exchange glances and we both grin
Me: Yes, she does. She has husbands.
Uni: OMG yes I do. I have like four!
*we give each other a high five, while Alya looks at us like we're crazy
Alya and I were basically the experts in Korean culture; me from 2012 and Alya from 2013. Uni was a new beginner. She tried saying some Korean words that were essential - the things that most of the celebrities in Korea say. Alya and I just looked at each other and shook our heads because she needed some practice. Uni always noticed us when we shook our heads in disapproval and we received a "I'm new okay? I just got into it a few days ago." And we all laughed together.
Because with me being in an American international school where people only look at the western side of things, it's hard to find people who love the same things I do. I was just so happy to find people I could relate with, it will forever stay in my heart as one of the most happiest moments in my life.
I hope I can meet them again! Because we had so much fun together.