.cookie-choices-info {position: fixed; top: auto !important; bottom: 0px !important;}

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

What My Summers Will Look Like

I'm preparing myself and trying to understand that this upcoming summer (Summer 2016) will be my last summer of being able to stay in Indonesia and meet my big family. Generally, it will be my last summer of being able to do nothing and just watch K-Dramas or just relax. Because I am planning to travel all the way to America during the summers of 2017, 2018, and by 2019 I will be in America getting ready to go to school/college. Yes, I am planning to apply to universities in America. And I know that it will be hard, that I have competitors beside me, but I will thrive to be different and to do my best in everything that I do.
Even for this summer, Summer 2016, I will be applying to take online courses from the high school online program from the University of Texas - Austin (hint, hint). I will be taking a good amount of different subjects but mostly, math and science. And I just want to thank the other parts of my family all the way in Indonesia for helping me find different internships that I can apply for. Honestly, all the new stuff that's being thrown at me doesn't make me feel burdened at all. I'm really excited to experience new things and explore the world. I believe that I will be taking Pre-SAT courses starting January of next year. I am fully aware that the SATs have been changed in some ways to fit what we, as students, really need for college and career. I have also purchased a huge book about the new SAT by The College Board, I have already started reading. It really helps. So that's what I am going to do for preparing for college in 2016.
Then for the Summer of 2017, I will be applying to go to the summer program in University of Texas - Austin. And yes, it actually means I have to go to the school campus. Even though, we still have a fairly, long amount of time to start thinking about it. My parents and I have already planned and for now, they are suggesting that they will come with me. While I stay in the school campus, they will just be there exploring and meeting me from time to time. We are also thinking about applying for internships in America, because the program only lasts for about a month. And to be able to do that, I need to keep my grades high. Since, Grade 10 is the time we take the Pre-SAT test, I will still be taking the SAT courses throughout the school year to keep my knowledge and to be able to score high.
Summer of 2018 will be an interesting one. I will be traveling to America to participate to yet another college. This one's a prestigious college, Stanford University (hint, hint). Now, I know that even for just applying to go for the summer program will take a lot of hard work. They ask for SAT scores (if you have done it), an essay about one of the two topics they let you choose from, teacher/counselor recommendations, your transcripts, and a few others. I am really excited for the future to come although, I don't want to grow up. And if I have time left, I will be applying for internships and working in America until my time there is over (when my parents call me back home).
And by Summer of 2019, I will be accepted to my choice of colleges and already have picked which one I will be attending to get my major in. But of course, that does not mean I can relax. No, no, no. I will be using up my summer to gain knowledge of my career and how work will actually look like. Yes, you got it. Internships. Again. Because knowledge and being able to be ready of what to face in the future is important.
By now, you're probably thinking, "what is she planning to be? What does she want to major in? What ARE her dreams? What dream is making her so excited for her future? Stanford University? University of Texas -Austin?" Well folks, you better stay in touch for more! I will be posting about the questions above soon!