.cookie-choices-info {position: fixed; top: auto !important; bottom: 0px !important;}

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

My Digital Media Class + The New Look!

So...How do you like it? It's a pretty huge change from what it was before, at least I think so. Thanks to my Digital Media class, I have more knowledge in making better edits to put on my blog! Now, I don't think this will be the end of me trying to make my blog more better, it's just the beginning. I know what I said before, "that I won't be able to start updating the look until a few weeks", but when you have a lot of determination in you, you try everything to do it right at that moment. And that's what I had. I took about five hours straight trying to figure out how I could process all my ideas for the new design onto my blog. And ta-da! Okay sure, it's not really a makeover that I did ALL by myself, I give credit to any of the owners of the pictures.
But the editing was my work, right? I think. I hope you like it and I will be sure to improve it as my skills and knowledge grow through my years!
Ever since I finished my first project in Digital Media class, I was always thinking about putting my work onto the blog! And finally, I am doing it! Digital Media class is a course where we, the students, get to learn and/or improve our skills in editing photos on Photoshop. It's been fun but sometimes the complexity of the instructions given to us can be quite frustrating. So before I show my completed products, I will give an explanation about each project first.
The first project was an overall easy project to do, although I had to restart the whole process about five or six times. All we had to do was find a picture that fits the "rule of thirds" and put a wordle about yourself on it, consisting of at least twenty words. But the trick is, you have to make a good contrast between the words and the pictures. And some of the wordle designing websites were really bad at helping us do that, hence the reason why I had to restart my whole project five times.
 
 
The second project was a fun and hilarious project. We were given three random-generated websites that gave each of us random passages that either became our album name or band name. And then we were also given a website that gave us random pictures to use as our album cover. We were to create an album. I admit that my Photoshoping skills are probably really bad, but I am very satisfied with my result.
 
 
The most latest project we did before taking our Eid break (which is currently happening right now), was called the "3Me". We had to take three separate photos of ourselves in the same location while telling a story or a sequence between the pictures without overlapping. We then combined the three pictures through Photoshop using the masking tool, that lets you make a part of a picture appear or disappear. Using the colors white and black, black for disappearing and white to be able to make the photo appear. I can't wait for improving and developing new skills on Photoshop throughout this semester! So keep looking forward for more of my edits!