.cookie-choices-info {position: fixed; top: auto !important; bottom: 0px !important;}

Friday, September 25, 2015

My Dreams Are...

Well, hello again! I couldn't post yesterday because my family and I took a road trip and I had no access to a computer or internet at that matter. So, here is my promised post that will answer the questions from my last blogpost, "What My Summers Will Look Like". I know that most of my recent posts have become too serious and everything. But that's the reality when you finally have your mind set into a path that you are creating. When you want it, you go for it. And its unquenchable. You want to know how to get there faster and how to do more to reach your destination.
What exactly are my dreams? Why did I mention Stanford University and University of Texas - Austin? Why, what, where, when, how? Alright here it goes.
Stanford University and University of Texas - Austin are from my list of dream schools, basically two of the schools that I want to apply for college. What?! Yeah, I'm aware that Stanford has a very low percentage at admissions, that's why I am trying so hard and doing my best in school. And not just in school, everywhere else and in anything else I do. Since we are in the topic of dream school, the other schools I am looking at to apply are Texas A&M University, University of Southern California, Pennsylvania State University, and University of Tulsa. Although things could change, Stanford, Texas - Austin, Southern California, and Texas A&M are going to stay in my list. For sure.
What exactly do I want to study? Engineering. More specifically petroleum engineering which really focuses on science, geology, mathematics. Some of the most disliked subjects by students because they're hard. But I really enjoy the two subjects, I really do. The colleges I am researching and picked have some of the best schools for engineering, that's why I picked them. Throughout high school I will be challenging myself to take all the hard classes that can give me the knowledge that I need to become a petroleum engineer. And of course, I will try to gain knowledge outside of school too. I am planning to get a Master's degree in Petroleum Engineering.
Why petroleum engineering? It's funny because I have always dreamed of becoming a doctor, a surgeon. Because helping people while working was always nice. But then, when I researched what the reality of the process of becoming a surgeon was really like, I backed up from that dream. Plus blood was not something I could look at so easily without feeling dizzy. And the years of learning was too long for a female, in my opinion. My inspiration to become a petroleum engineer was my very own dad. Who himself is a petroleum engineer. "He lives a good life and enjoys his work, maybe I should try that." I researched about petroleum engineering one day, and I liked the idea of me one day becoming one. I always had an interest in creating, making, and testing things, so...it's a good match! Energy is used and wanted everywhere in the world, I want to help to maintain it, find it, and conserve it. So there isn't too much nor too little of it. It could give me a new way of looking at our world. I just really like to think of the world scientifically and mathematically, it's really amazing when you finally use all the knowledge you got in school in the real world. In real situations, in real time.