.cookie-choices-info {position: fixed; top: auto !important; bottom: 0px !important;}

Saturday, November 12, 2016

My Writing: All in Two

This was the letter I gave for my parents on my mother's birthday: October 22, 2016.

I never believed there could be someone who was my first love, my teacher, my bestfriend and my everything until I realized it was you.
You who held me in your arms and showed me the world. And taught me how to walk, talk, and bought me toys to my already room-filled collection. But my response was always more, I want more. I cried.
As I grew up, I enjoyed school more than home even though I wasn’t necessarily good at school those times. You told me to work harder, to study better. I didn’t listen. I rebelled.
Years passed by, I learned lessons on my own; bullying, hurt, and more. I started to enjoy home. At the wrong time. These days when I’m at home, I’m not at home. I’m surrounded by the walls of my room, the mountain of homework and study. I work hard for you, though.
Isn’t it funny how people say, “do things for yourself, not for anyone else.” But what if the things I do for myself are for you, what if that is what I am wanting for myself? Your happiness, your smile?
I promise to make you proud of me. I promise mom and dad, that I’ll do anything for you. Thank you and I’m sorry for everything. I love you then, now, and always.

I never believed there could be someone who was my first love, my teacher, my bestfriend, and my everything until I realized it was you.