.cookie-choices-info {position: fixed; top: auto !important; bottom: 0px !important;}

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Dancing!

During 9th Grade year, a freshman of high school, I stepped up to perform alone in the High School Talent Show. (This was January 21, 2016). My mom originally recommended me to sing but, at that time like all other times, I have no clue about the most recent, not cheesy western songs. I've been sticking to Kpop and will probably always be. 
Coincidentally, during the winter break, I pushed myself to learn the choreography to what was back then, a new rookie group! The lovely and cute ladies of TWICE! I learned the choreography to their debut song, "Like Ooh-Ahh" in three days. So I proposed to my mom, "Hey, mom. How about I dance?" And she agreed with me in a second. Haha, "dare to be different" she always says. And there I was. Standing on stage and performing a cute and foreign song to many of the other high schoolers and teachers. 
All the other performers that late afternoon picked too much of a serious song or topic to perform and I was glad to lighten up the mood in the middle of the show. I was next after one of the singers who sang a sad song and as I walked up on stage and looked at the people watching me, there was a sort of down vibe throughout the hall. So I said, "Hi! Please smile! I'm here to brighten up the show!" Which got me a few laughs and of course, smiles.

And then the music started.



This year too, I'm going to perform another dance! The most likely candidates is either Red Velvet's Russian Roulette or Cosmic Girls (WJSN)'s Secret, both of which I've already started learning.