.cookie-choices-info {position: fixed; top: auto !important; bottom: 0px !important;}

Friday, January 16, 2015

Face To Face


Yo, guys! It's been a while since I have last posted. Happy New Year! I am mad at myself for not posting ever since November. But, hello, good day! How are you all? I am going to be traveling to Abu Dhabi to go to the MS Fine Arts Festival on the 28th of January! Even though its so close to where I live (Oman), I am still really excited! It's my first time going somewhere out of Oman without my family. I'm gonna miss them of course but, it is still a great opportunity for me! Anyway...Let's get on to the art!


Face To Face
36 cm x 61 cm
Black pen, colored markers

For our first project, we all did a contour-self portrait drawing of ourselves. We had to draw our classmates and they got to draw us, too. We then had to pick out which one we thought could be appropriate and fitting for our final piece. We practiced our color and value on our spare drawings, to make sure we don't mess up. We then stuck both of our final drawing on to a big piece of black paper with glue. The purpose of our project was so we could practice on value, shape, line, and color. That is why we have two different drawings of ourselves. One that can clearly show color and another one that mainly focuses on value. 
I felt successful with my first project because, I think that I did a good job of bringing out the value for the picture on the right. Even though it does not have any color, the one in the right stands out more than the one on the left. Some of the patterns can show depth in them and even though some patterns are repeated, there are many different ones if you really look closely. I am also proud of this project because of the colors And how I used them. They aren't really close to each other in the color wheel but, they show unity and actually look like they fit with each other.
If I could do this project again, I would want to show more creativity with my patterns and show more depth into my drawing. I guess that's all that I would think I would change, other than that I am very happy with the result of this project.